Benefits of Regular Massage. from Dawn Wellborn
Tomorrow is another Farmer’s Market Friday!! Will you be joining us? We hope to see you there for more great food, friends and fun. What’s in store this week?
- Chair Massage by donation (part of your donation goes straight back to the market to help fund healthy and affordable food for everyone in our community)
- Free, cold bottled water! Stay hydrated and cool on the first day of summer in Atlanta
- The chance to win a free 30 minute massage! Just put your name and email in the jar. Drawing will be held July 19th.
Come out and see us and the rest of the vendors at Truly Living Well Community Urban Agriculture Market!
Every Friday from 2-7pm
75 Hilliard Street
Atlanta, GA 30312
(please keep in mind Auburn Ave is closed for Atlanta Street Car Construction but Irwin St. is open)
As any LMT will tell you, the most requested area to massage is the neck and shoulders. Without a doubt you feel tension or pain there too. Because this is by far the most requested area to receive work I thought it would be helpful to address this issue with a series on neck and shoulder issues, discussing posture and ergonomics, and what we can do to help alleviate some of it. Let’s start out this series by discussing posture. Continue reading
We are finally having our wedding! Please make a note of these dates below as days that I will be unavailable for massage therapy. I am more than happy to see clients before or after these dates.
We are very appreciative of those of you who have sent your congratulations and well-wishes. Thank and we will see you after April 28!
Closed for massage therapy on:
This month is the 1 year anniversary of Beth Cruz, LMT!! I can’t believe it has been a year since I finished school, gained state licensure in Georgia and national certification with NCBTMB. How quickly a year flies by! There has been a great deal of learning, growing and figuring out who I am during this past year and none of my overwhelming success could have happened without YOU, my wonderful clients! A HUGE thank you goes to all of you, even if we only worked together once, because you all are the heart of Beth Cruz, LMT. You make what I do possible and you give me the drive and passion for massage therapy.
It is with great pleasure that I would like to offer
$10 off every session through the end of April!
You can book your appointment by calling 678-472-6417 or emailing email@example.com
Thank you everyone and I hope to have many more years serving you and the great community of Atlanta!
With Gratitude and Joy,
SO MUCH new stuff is happening with Beth Cruz, LMT. Over the next few months stay updated and involved with all the new changes that are happening with us. Below is a quick overview:
- After much deliberation I have decided to leave Cafe of Life Grant Park. My last day with my Cafe family there will be April 10, the last day for Wellness Wednesdays. Please continue to stay involved with us even as we close this chapter in our life. Also, if you need chiropractic care, Dr. April is happy to help you out. Find her info on the Wellness Partners page.
- Pricing for massage therapy with me will be updated on the new page “Services” this week! If you would like to schedule with me please refer to this page for pricing. If you are scheduling for the Cafe of Life please see their website for their pricing. And as always, new clients with me receive $10 off their first session!
- The website is getting a facelift! (just no knives or Botox thank God!) Over the next couple months the website will be undergoing some new and exciting changes to make navigating simpler and more streamlined. So stay updated by subscribing to the mailing list on the right side of the website so you don’t miss any crucial changes.
- Wedding bells are ringing! David and I are having our wedding April 26th, so that means the last week of April will be a bit hectic for us. If you need to schedule a massage around that time please try to do so ASAP so I can accommodate you with no problems.
- The following weekend (May 2-5) we will be taking a mini-honeymoon to go celebrate another friend’s wedding in Florida, so I will not be here for appointments. I am happy to take appointments anytime before and after those dates.
During my fitness regimen to do a total body overhaul for the wedding I’ve noticed that many people avoid many different exercises because of knee pain. I believe we should all be free from pain and obstacles in search of better health! And believe me I know that there are definitely some cases that require physical therapy or surgery (i.e. a torn meniscus or ligament etc.), but most cases of knee pain are entirely able to be relieved at home through proper exercise and stretching. Great news for you and your wallet, right? And as a past sufferer of knee pain and swelling I know these methods work. So here are the three factors I have found to be major contributors of general knee pain:
– overused and extremely tight quadriceps and calf muscles (anterior and posterior knee pain)
– underdeveloped and weak quadriceps and calf muscles (anterior knee pain)
– IT band syndrome aggravation (lateral knee pain)
So how can you know which category best describes you? First of all know this: YOU and only YOU know yourself and your body best. So listen to it! One of the many tools I use as a massage therapist is palpation. Palpation just means observing through touch. Feel your quads (front of your thigh), your calf muscles and the side of you knee and thigh. Do any of these muscles feel tight or ropey? If so, this is a good indicator that you need to stretch! At the end of this post are diagrams of basic stretches for each muscle group. If you don’t feel tightness but softness then that is probably a good indicator you should build muscle. This doesn’t mean you will turn into a beefcake but remember this:
Strong muscles also strengthen and support your joints and bones — so stay strong!
Now, if you feel tightness or pain on the side of your thigh or knee, this could be an indicator of IT band syndrome. You can stretch the origins of this connective tissue (glutes and hip flexors) to try to relieve tension but most likely you will need the help of a trained massage therapist to help get your IT band un-adhered from your muscle. Another technique to help is rolling. You can use a foam roller or muscle roller. Lay on your side on the roller and very slowly roll your thigh across the roller. It will likely be very sore and tender so work slowly, breathe, and listen to your body.
So remember, knee pain doesn’t have to keep you down. Do those lunges, squats, etc. Run that mile! Climb those stairs! Try out these stretches and strengthen those legs. And, if you have questions I am happy to answer them or find you a qualified individual who can. Stay happy and healthy!
According the ABMP, March is massage education and awareness month!! This month I will be updating the Resources and Research page, posting printable handouts from the national massage boards and associations on the benefits of massage for a variety of conditions, and educational diagrams for home care and stretching. So, stayed informed and empowered and keep checking back the website throughout March for great ways to stay healthy and surprising facts about massage you may have never known.
— Beth Cruz Warner, LMT, Nationally Certified
Have you ever felt like you just can’t make it through your 2 o’clock slump? Do you get headaches and shoulder tension from sitting and looking at the computer all day? Are you feeling burnt out but can’t afford to take a vacation? What can you do about it?
Why not ask your boss or HR director to bring in a massage therapist to do chair massages?? Why?
- A break in your workday can give you time to refresh and be more productive after lunch.
- Chair massage raises employee morale
- Chair massage relieves head, neck and shoulder tension
Below is the information for chair massage services. Services are available for office settings, health fairs, trade shows, conventions and more. Chair massage prices are based upon one therapist for the allotted time. For additional therapists, add $50 per hour, per therapist. Please inquire by email to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 hour chair massage – $65
2 hour chair massage – $125
3 hour chair massage – $190
Still searching for a Valentine’s gift? Give the gift of health, romance and quality time with a couples massage!
We have a deal happening at the Cafe right now Feb 13-15:
60 minute couples massage for $95!!
That’s a savings of $45!
Call 404-917-4992 for appointments and request Beth!