Yes, it’s a bit of a mouthful but Happy National Massage Therapy Awareness Week! This is the one week of the year where I have the opportunity to let know you more about the profession that I love and benefits you so much! Take a moment to explore the Resources & Research page.
Also be sure to look at this Consumer Survey done by the American Massage Therapy Association! Below is a summary of the information they collected. You can view all of the information here:
- 75 percent claim their primary reason for receiving a massage in the past 12 months was medical (43 percent) and stress (32 percent) related
- 50 percent who have ever had a massage, received it for medical reasons including soreness, stiffness or spasms; to relieve or manage stress; for prevention or to improve quality of life; injury recovery; to keep fit or healthy/wellness and to control headaches or migraines
- 50 percent said their doctor has either strongly recommended or encouraged them to get a massage
- 89 percent believe massage can be effective in reducing pain
- 87 percent recognize massage can be beneficial to health and wellness
- 44 percent say medical benefits would motivate them to have a massage